Our client is one of the UK’s most successful and fastest growing providers of audit services to the listed sector and as an audit and advisory senior manager will deal with all matters relating to the management of a portfolio of clients .
The role will also provide assistance to partners in both client work and in the management of the group and on occasions the wider firm.
On occasion you may become involved in special advisory assignments on an ad hoc basis.
The work of our clients’ audit teams is essential, not just to our client, but to the whole economy. Working within a number of sectors, they verify the accuracy of our clients’ financial statements for stakeholders, including shareholders, governments, tax authorities, banks and customers, ensuring the stability and authenticity of the financial market.
That’s why our client is committed to helping clients, and their people to succeed. As part of the audit team, you’ll receive the support you need to reach your potential.
The audit and advisory senior manager will be a senior member of the audit group and will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing our people and supporting the partners with business development and practice management.
• Act as audit lead on fully listed and AIM listed clients. The expectation is that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more) Managers. Overall responsibility for each assignment will be retained by the Partner.
• Be responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered.
• Have people management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level.
• Take part in wider practice management at local level.
• Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate.
• Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients.
When you join our client, they will make your growth their priority. If you can demonstrate the following skills, they can help you go far.
They are looking for someone with:
• ACA/ICAS qualified or overseas equivalent.
• Educated up to degree level.
• Experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests.
• Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
• Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
• Business development experience, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
Our client believes that when our people feel valued and rewarded, their potential is unlimited. They offer highly competitive starting salaries and review remuneration packages regularly to ensure that their pay always positively reflects performance. As well offering support with tuition and professional qualifications, they also provide the following benefits, as standard:
• 28 days’ holiday;
• access to a personal pension scheme, with matched employer contributions;
• life assurance cover;
• and income protection insurance.
That’s not all. They understand that everyone is different so, they offer a range of voluntary benefits to suit every lifestyle. their flexible benefits platform means their people can choose from a range of tax efficient options to design a benefit package that best suits them. You can
• buy up to ten days’ extra holiday;
• add on private medical, personal accident, dental insurance or travel insurance;
• enrol in our Bike to Work scheme;
• enjoy discounts off cinemas, dining, and gyms;
• receive an interest free season ticket loan or interest free graduate loan;
• access childcare vouchers;
• take an online health assessment and utilise their employee assistance programme.