Our client is a major accountancy and business advisory firm, who provide integrated advice and solutions to help businesses navigate a changing world. Their clients are Britain’s economic engine – ambitious, entrepreneurially-spirited and high growth businesses that fuel the economy.
CK Search Global have been asked to help recruit audit senior managers for their Ipswich, Leeds and Southampton offices who will be responsible for servicing clients, directing all assurance services delivered, managing people and supporting the Partners with business development and practice management.
Our client is growing rapidly and provide ambitious and talented people with fast track career progression through to Director and Partner level. They are the natural choice for “big 4” audit managers looking to accelerate their career whilst benefiting from a fantastic work /life balance.
as audit lead on fully listed and AIM listed clients. The expectation is
that on large assignments this role will be supported by one (or more)
Managers. Overall responsibility for
each assignment will be retained by the Partner.
• Responsible for leading and directing all aspects of audit services delivered.
• People management responsibilities covering resource planning and allocation, performance management, training and recommendations for promotion. Act as a mentor to team members and provide coaching with a view to assisting them to achieve their personal career goals. Act as a role model for Manager level.
• Responsible for maximising profitability from a portfolio of clients.
• Liaison with central departments on risk management, technical and other matters.
• Take part in wider practice management at local level.
• Support Partners in group sales and marketing activity, including playing a leading role in client pitch teams, attendance at group networking, and other marketing events as appropriate.
• Contribute to development of new business relationships and business proposals through high level sales and marketing activity. This will include winning work by targeting new clients.
• Support Partners with the implementation and communication of any new business strategy for existing clients, target clients and the internal business.
• Participate in Key Account Management.
• Develop specialist knowledge of a sector and/or technical area, and/or commercial area.
• Engage with clients more directly on technical and audit judgement decisions.
• ACA/ACCA qualified or overseas equivalent.
• Educated up to degree level or CTS.
• Previous Audit Manager in practice.
• Significant experience of delivering audit and other assurance services to major clients, including listed (full list and AIM) clients and clients with international interests preferred.
• Excellent working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
• Managing and developing staff (not only audit teams), i.e. coordinating staff projects, mentoring, counselling, appraising, recruiting etc.
• Business development experience- able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work.
• Proven experience in managing a wide portfolio of concurrent projects and project teams in a project management framework..