Our client , a complex valuations advisory practice provides financial instrument valuation and valuation governance advisory services to the firm’s clients as well as valuation services internally.
They value instruments from liquid traded shares and bonds through to complex derivatives along with the related valuation adjustments. The team also engages in valuation and model governance projects for a broad spectrum of clients from corporates to asset managers and investment banks.
CK search global is working closely with the team to help them recruit a Senior Manager to join the team based in London.
• Leading the business in taking the teams financial instruments expertise to buy side clients.
• Supporting in areas of business development, practice development and strategy – due to the high growth nature of the business this will be a key component of the role.
• Providing expert assistance for the team’s testing of clients’ financial instrument valuations, across a wide range of instrument types and product classes, including valuation adjustments.
• Leveraging their internal valuation technology to provide quality services to their clients.
• Helping clients with regulatory reform challenges e.g. Valuation Uncertainty, Libor Reform. They envisage some travel to client site, project depending.
Skills and experience required
• Previous buy side experience within the financial instrument practice of asset managers, hedge funds, pension funds or insurers.
• Experience in financial instrument valuations.
• Supporting senior team to identify business opportunities and initiate sales.
• Strong people management and client relationship skills.
• Strong problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail but tempered with an ability to think laterally.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to present complex issues in a clear and articulate way to a non-technical audience.
• Ability to multi-task across multiple assignments, prioritise workloads and work under time pressure.
• Ability to coach and mentor more junior members of the team.
• Entrepreneurial mindset, with a focus on delivering business value.
• Project Management skills.
• Willing to learn and conscientious of continuous personal development.
• At least an undergraduate degree.
• Experience in model governance.
• Knowledge of model validation.
• Experience in regulatory reform relevant to valuations.